Saturday 2 June 2018

Creative Team Enjoy the Ride Card

Creative Team Enjoy the Ride Card

by Creative Team member Helen Cooke


Supplies:


Distress Ink : vintage photo; pumice stone
Card : smooth white; textured light blue; textured mid blue
Other : ribbon; texture paste; spatula; GlossyAccents; Crackle Accents; Wet Ones; paint brush;
 

Instructions:

I cut a square of card 130mm x 130mm, lay the stencil across the bottom and using a spatula, spread texture paste through it, smoothing it out as I went.  I then turned the stencil around the opposite way and repeated the same process across the top of the card.  It was put aside to dry.
With the Cadence Ink Spray, I spritzed once onto a craft sheet to make a puddle, then picked up the ink with a paintbrush and flicked it across the card.  Before it had time to dry, I used a ‘wet one’ to wipe off the excess ink, which gives an uneven, mottled appearance over and around the texture paste, but still leaves some of the darker spots of ink on the card.   With most of the puddle of ink still on the craft sheet, I swiped the edges of the card through it, thus creating a border which was easy to smudge slightly.
 
 
While that was drying, I cut the ‘matted enjoy’ using both blue textured cards, gluing the lighter one onto the darker one.  From white card, I cut a ‘beep beep car’ and a smaller ‘cloud’. I went over the car gently using ‘vintage photo’ Distress Ink, building up colour around the edges and added ‘pumice stone’ around the wheels.  The cloud was also coloured with ‘pumice stone’.  To add more interest, crackle accents was added to the cloud and glossy accents around the doors, windows and wheel hubs of the car.
 
I adhered a length of ribbon across the bottom of the background, then attached the puff of exhaust (cloud) and the car with double sided foam tape.  The matted enjoy was also attached the same way.
The card front was attached to folded white card. 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment